10.10.06



wip

I found a bunch of cut pieces of fabrics in marine colours (I was making doll quilts a few years ago) so I decided to make those bags I've been planning following Mum's advice to do what I feel like - not what I think I should do. Summery bags in rainy Autumn, how great!

I read this post by tiny happy the other day and noticed the big similarity in our lives at the moment. (Two small kids, trying to stop breast-feeding the younger one (my hair is falling off), making crafts when you have the time, trying to find the time for blogging...). You've been in my thoughts! I would like to post more often but there is so much life in between... I keep telling myself that my blog is just that kind of blog that is updated once in two weeks. This is something I do because I want to, not because I'm obliged to. I hope you cyber friends out there have patience with me!

I'm planning to open my own etsy shop this weekend. I hope you will come window shopping ( at least)! I've been so productive lately it would be great to earn some money to buy more supplies and some fabrics...

Little E turns one this Friday (the 13th!) This year has passed by so quickly!

10 comments:

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

great advice from your mother! i look forward to your etsy shop opening and to your posts, no matter how long in between...

Anonymous said...

the great thing about blogging is that it's so - whenever you want! it is such a stress-relief fun thing for me to do - so i do it often. totally cool - you shouldn't feel pressure to do it more often! :)

me said...

I can really relate. I have two kids under three and try to find time to knit and sew. I would really like to start an etsy shop, but just haven't had the time to make the things I would like to sell. It is such a balance, trying to spend enoughh time with my kids, spending enough time with my husband and hoping the house is presentable enough. I'm glad you're opening up shop. I'll have to stop by.

Anonymous said...

i think the best thing about blogging is the solidarity! Thank you for this post, yes, I think our lives are very similar at the moment, and that brings me much comfort. Thinking about you, m x

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mother. My husband often tells me the same thing. Good luck with the etsy shop. I also enjoy your posts no matter how far between them.

Anonymous said...

good luck with your shop ;)
i opened up my shop also with the thougt of selling things to buy more sewing suplies...and it works fine :)

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

your mum has wonderful advice. i can relate to the efforts to do everything you want/need to do. as for your blog, we're happy to visit whenever you post. congratulations on the shop!

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Hello my sweet friend ! I had troubles with my old blog :( Now I have a new one www.ruelohest.blogspot.com ! I hope you're fine !! I love your picture with your new hair ! I wish I could have the same :) Big smooches from Belgium !!

Anonymous said...

Tack för din kommentar hos mig! Kul att du öppnar en Etsy-shop, jag kommer definitivt att ta en titt :)

hannah said...

sounds like its all busy busy at your house! happy birthday to little E for tomorrow, and keep us updated about your Etsy shop, looking forward to it!