10.2.07

Ugly fabric challenge

I hereby challenge you to pick a fabric you don't like and make something beautiful (or just nice) out of it! I have written about my feelings for ugly fabrics before. I will never be one of those people who can stick to one colour scheme or a distinct style. I would feel too sorry for all those pieces of fabrics I'd have to leave out. The strange thing is I usually end up using those fabrics that somehow ended up in my stash and I thought I'd never use. Must be more of a challenge I guess. Today I made a few pouhes of this water lily fabric that I honestly did not like. They came out fine. So come on girls! Pick up those ugly pieces of fabric, make something nice, and give it away! Your chance to finally get rid of it! Or fall in love with something you thought you couldn't stand. Or just sell it like I am trying to do :) Or send it to me (just kidding). Have a nice day! We are going to stand up to the cold today and go out, can't stay inside for a whole day again!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this will require some thought... but it's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

but what if the fabric is really really ugly? I'll also have to give it some thought, and then find some time to implement all of my ideas. There's not enough hours in the day.

Anonymous said...

ooohh I like that type of challenge very much

Berber said...

Wonderful idea!
Lets see whether I can find some ugly fabric :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use "ugly" fabric for a beautiful project. Ive got to start thinking. Lovely idea.