12.4.07

Yellow new home

It's great to be back here after a long period of packing and unpacking and then a short period of living without an Internet connection (1½ weeks that felt like a million years... I know I'm a spoilt kid). However I feel a little empty since I haven't had the opportunity to do anything crafty in our new home yet, except a few chicks for Easter. Everything else is nearly in order here, but my favourite part is still very unorganised. I'm waiting for time and money to go and get myself a new shelf. So since I haven't got anything crafty to show you I decided to go look for some yellow. I'd like to call my photo "how to justify a yellow ashtray".
Thank you Stephanie and Julie for the inspiration!
AND you can see a hint of a very typical house in the area we live in. There was a time when I was convinced I would never live happily in the suburb. Here I am, three bedrooms (rented though), two kids, one partner, one car, no dog ;-)

I don't want to forget to thank you all for your very kind comments on my last post! You are great!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

*oh, and it's not me that smokes...*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onnea uuteen kotiin koko perheelle!!! And welcome back online... I'm quite addicted too and even my son Niilo (6 yrs old) is saying that... eli kuten Loiskiksen laulussa sanotaan "Äidillä on melkein aina tietokone päällä ja jalat puoli metriä ilmassa..." ;)

Aurinkoisia kevätpäiviä Turkuun!!!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back online! and glad the move went well. i think when we're younger the suburbs seem so boring - but they are so amazing with kids! YARDS!!! woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - good to see you again! Hope you feel good in your new house? At least when you got your gear up, huh?

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

if you have to justify an ashtray then that is the perfect way! your yellows are so pretty with the blue of the sky. happy spring!

Di said...

Glad to see you back! I had only just discovered you when you went away but I loved what I had seen! The ashtray is an amazing colour and I'm loving the being outdoors!! I enjoyed yellow today - I seemed to have a lot of yellow!

julie said...

hi!!! great to meet you and your lovely blog!! Any friend of Stephs is a friend of mine!!! Love your pretty yellows (from one suburb liver to another!!) and love your work in your last post...beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Love the yellow flowers! Hope you get settled into your new home soon, moving is such a huge task.

Anonymous said...

I just found you as you find your new home.So glad I did it means I get to buy one of your lovely pouches!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you on flickr - LOVE your little quilts!! Now I see we have lots of "blogs-in-common"!

Anina said...

Welcome back! and I know what you mean. I get REALLY grumpy when the internet goes down.

Natascha Rosenberg said...

We are now in a new home too!! Enjoy your new home!!