26.2.08

ABC


J is for jaguar - mini art quilt, originally uploaded by -syko-.

I am back in business again and yesterday I finished a wholesale order of ABC quilts. The customer wanted E and M for girls and C, T and J for boys. Some of the letters were really tricky, I had to squeeze the dictionary for good words, but the most drastic thing I did for this project was to buy fabric with a jaguar pattern :) I wanted the style of the quilts to be close to unisex, I am not so fond of the common colour codes for boys and girls. My son chose this shirt for himself.

Now I can move on to next order, today I am working on a dinosaur cushion, however T says it looks like a giraffe-dragon so I hope the new owner won't disapprove of it...
I also want to thank Chelsea for sending me this super cute unicorn print! She wanted to thank me for featuring this cute baby set in a treasury that was featured on etsy's front page. Chelsea steals her husband Nate's art and sells it on etsy. Don't you just love Chelsea's business idea?

4 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Love your son's shirt. I don't subscribe to gender colour codes for kids either, though my daughter does have a ton of pink she was given. Anyway, Love your J quilt, the jaguar fabric is perfect.

Amanda Jean said...

your J quilt is FANTASTIC!!! I love it.

Anonymous said...

the quilt is fantabulous! i love your work.

saraeden said...

I love the jaguar , in fact i love the whole quilt !!!

I hope you are well now ... we have all had terrible colds !!

Sara x