7.4.08

Bright head(ing)


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Big E learned how to ride the bike she got for Christmas so we had a very happy Sunday. I decided to take on my crocheting project again, after abandoning it for some time (after 8 hexagons I realized I had made them all wrong so I had to take a break...). The blanket is now the size of a small doll quilt so it will take "some time" to finish it, but I'm in no hurry, this is supposed to be my relaxing, slow project. T says the colours are crazy, but I like it, and I am using white in all of the hexagons to lighten it up.


I went fabric shopping last Friday, I needed fabric for more bird scarves (will be available in the shop tomorrow Tuesday) and I found this aqua ribbon to a bargain price so I bought a few meters. And found a (p)syko way of displaying it :) The mobile in the background is from painted fish studio.

Wishing you all a joyful work week!

*edit* If you are a lover of dots, take a look at Julie's blog dedicated to dotty things. She features my piggy cushion today in very good company!

13 comments:

painted fish studio said...

love your ribbon "do"! :) i'll take a peek at your new scarves tomorrow!

seemownay said...

What a great hairdo! I just like that picture (already saw it on flickr) - there is a little something about you in this saying: life is great I take it with full hands.

I am really looking forward to seeing your next projects.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors of your hexagons ! And aqua is one of my favorite colors (especially on a head !)

Anina said...

What a happy, happy post! Your hexagons look great and I'm sure that ribbon wouldn't look nearly as nice if it wasn't displayed on such a pretty model.

Unknown said...

I'm smiling! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Locket Pocket said...

Love your new hairdo! And I'm very excited to see my swap badge on your blog!!! Congratulations to your little one for learning how to ride her bike - it is such an achievement!

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

I love the colours of your crochet!
And the new hair? It suits you *cough*
;)

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

hee! You look fabulous:)

Good job regarding the little one and the bike! How exciting!

I love your color choice also. Can't wait to see it completed.

Have a wonderful week.

vlijtig said...

Congratulations. Being able to ride a bike is a big step. The world becomes bigger. We're going to practice this summer with our daughter and het bike.

Thanks for placing my blog in yoiu list of blogs you read!

Julia said...

Thanks for making me laugh this morning...I really like your wig!

Karen said...

I just love those crochet hexagons. It is on my 'to do' list as soon as I get a spare five minutes. (we can dream can't we!)

Ruth's Place said...

Congrats to Big E on her new bike riding skill!

Love the new hair style you're sporting there.

Mrs Moog said...

Nice wig :)

Your crochet looks beautiful. It's such a lovely thing to have ready to do when you feel like it.

Well done to your little girl on her bike riding!!!

xxx