19.5.08

Summer in print

Today two boxes filled with postcards arrived at my doorstep. I felt like a child on Christmas Eve ripping them up to see how the Summer cards turned out. Do I need to say that I am very pleased with the result? And how lucky I am to have such a great brother who can make these things for me! The theme of the cards is things that are SUMMER to me, like watching my seeds grow, hanging out the laundry to dry, the sound of seagulls, the smell of the sea and the taste of herring... They are for sale in my shop as a set of eight, with two of each designs, but you can mix and match as you want with all the cards I have for sale.
Now I feel inspired to work with the Summer exhibition, funny how you can get inspired by your own work... There is just something special with fabric in print. I nearly managed to put together a quilt top for the exhibition this weekend, quite amazing really, since T spent most of it in bed with a fever and I took care of a reasonable amount of laundry, made food and vacuumed (half of) the house. Things I try to avoid during work week (it comes quite naturally to me). Talking about sailing boats (did I?) I have very much enjoyed following the process on knitalatte's ship jacket on flickr during the last week. Read about the process on her blog.

19 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Your new cards are gorgeous! I know what you mean about the beauty of fabric in print! Lucy x

Gina said...

Such beautiful images and can't agree more about fabric (and stitch) in print... stunning!
Gina x

Anonymous said...

I really really like the card with the herring and the one with the laundry drying. Your designs would look good on colored backgrounds as well (if you decide to print other paper goods). Your sense of shapes and colors is amazing.

Mrs Jelly said...

I am loving those cards ... I love the use of fabric in print too. Have you seen the books by Lauren Child? "Charlie and Lola" Your work is a similar style. :o)

Di said...

Your postcards are great - it's true, fabric does look great on cards!

Amanda Jean said...

those are so great! I love your cards.

Julia said...

Great cards! I love the fish .
I feel like that about the housework ...seems like I spend ages on it but it never looks any better.

Cathy said...

your new cards are just gorgeous - well done.

jacquie said...

They are beautiful. I would love a whole set of the sailboat ones. When I get some cash...

rachelmp said...

They are just so sweet Katja! Just beautiful

tiel said...

can he be my brother too! they looks super.

Anonymous said...

Such cheer this week. Your cards, the yo-yo wreath, chocolate! As usual your blog is full of images that cheer me!

LizzieJane said...

What lovely cards, and they really are all about summer.

Charlie P said...

Aww, those cards make me smile :) I love the herrings especially, the fabrics go so well together. You are so lucky to have a brother who can print things!

Unknown said...

wow wow wow - those are gorgeous!!!!!!

and I love the yo yo wreath you got in the previosu post, what a clever idea!

pink-petal-designs said...

Love those cards!! you have a great blog.
Sarah x

Mrs Moog said...

Wow Kajsa - your new cards are gorgeous!! You and your brother make a great team!

xxx

Chara Michele said...

Oh these are so lovely!

Ruth's Place said...

Awesome!!