1.10.08

Yesterday and today

Yesterday I finished a secret quilt project, therefore the quilter's thumb above. I also got my new printer/scanner/all round machine so I will be able to do something about my pattern making plans. But it might take some time. It usually does. But I'm excited anyway :) Even if the machine is huuuge.Today I had to take a break between my custom orders so I designed this bird key fob. My key fob just broke (again), so I decided to invent something more durable. I used natural linen for the front piece with the appliqued bird and a patterned fabric for the back. I put some reflective tape in the side so it can be hanged as a charm on a bag as well. This black bird is in the shop, but there are more on their way. I kept a pink one for myself.

I just found a fantastic blog, BloesemKid's open house. Irene knocks on different artist's doors and lets them tell about themselves and their homes, there are so many lovely creative homes presented! Many of them are small, but still full of life and smart ideas! I got so inspired to do something about our home! And I will definitely buy that polka dot tea set for little E for his birthday next week (very important note to myself)...

10 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh I'm very excited at the news of Syko patterns and one day I'm going to treat myself to one of your art quilts! Love your key fob too. Lucy x

P.S. off now to check out that blog!

Unknown said...

I was having a nose about in the houses earlier, aren't they great?
I need to get Ginger a tea set too, he keeps using a pink one of his sister's, it's time he got his own. And it's his birthday this weekend - so happy birthday to your little one from mine ;)

Mrs Moog said...

I love your birdy key fob...especially with that lovely big key!
That's a great link to the open houses. Makes me look at my house differently!!

xxx

Apryl said...

I love the key fob! you have to make more as I really want one... or some linen tea towels... that would be fab for my new kitchen which WILL be finished today! well half finished anyway the carpet vampire (seriously thats what he looks like) comes today to measure for the floor, then Dave the Plaster/tiler will put tiles up then we can paint... oh and the decorater comes next week to paint the living room.

it will all be done one day.. off to check that blog out.

trash said...

I love that key fob very muchly. Am off to the shop now.

Little Bohème said...

Love your key fob. Is this the key to your house??? Lovely key- lovely house?

Greet said...

oh, I like the key fob, it is sooo cute!!!

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

I can't wait to read open house.. when it finishes loading..... Don't we all LOVE a look into other people's homes and art studios???!!!

The key fob is a great bit of fun.
:-)

tiel said...

Loving the key ring and that black bird fits perfectly in that shape. good luck with the pattern making.

comfies said...

that is one beautiful key fob! i love it.